After few harsh Tweets I was contacted by a nicer person who ultimately confirmed on waiving off the rentals. It was nice, yet I wouldn’t have needed to go this far. I still feel for the others who may have got affected. All I can do is keep others informed and hope for a fair world!
I do take care of small things in my family business apart from my standard job. While I was going through the bills I noticed that there were few numbers which are getting charged for PRBT which is a ring-back-tone service operated by dialog. I am quite sure that none of them had any ring back tones playing when I called them and the other thing is one of the numbers was my wife’s and she has no idea of mobile service activation. She is 100% sure that she didn’t. Again the same story with the other number also.
Continue reading “Dialog Robbing Subscribers”
Back-to-back blogs today…
This is just a picture I took at the university and I’m trying to give an interpretation to my observation.
Two guys trying to sell a product of a certain mobile operator and they are using numbers belonging to two rival operators.
- Reason 1: These guys don’t really believe in what they are going to sell (No.. Can’t be… :P)
- Reason 2: These two guys are trying to attract the users only from the rival operators and they want those guys to rach them easlity so that’s the reason to use rival numbers (does this sound a bit LAME no way… :P)
Have a look and enjoy… Picture is bulky so will take some time to load….
What do you think….? (Location: http://g.co/maps/mauvg )
For sometime now, I wanted to have a look at twitter in a different perspective. People use twitter in different ways and for different things these days. In this post I’m looking at Twitter in my interested domain ‘Telecommunications’.
All the telecommunication related companies have their twitter account these days. Main reason they have a twitter account is because they want to have the Follow us on Twitter, Facebook ,LinkedIn on their website. Other than that I don’t see many using twitter to advantage.
Following are some of the things a telco can do on twitter;
– Spread the latest news about the company, inform the profits, the awards and the achievements.
– Tell about new products and new updates new releases of products.
– Engaging in small conversations with domain related experts and big-shots which may give you the edge of recognition.
– Provide customer care, this applies to most of the telco’s with services such as mobile operators.
Continue reading “Twitter and Telco Companies”
Long time ago when I was just about to leave university there was an unlimited package deal offered by Dialog for students which amazed all of us to go for a dialog Dongle.
So like everyone I also bought one and was complaining about the speeds from the begining and was jealous to hear the speeds the Mobitel consumers enjoyed.
Still I got the dongle for about 5,400 LKR + Package Charges ++ More Charges (Including an unfair pro-rate rental) with 6 months contract with a Huawei E220 with an ineffective operator lock. Which many used with other operators after the contract was over.
Continue reading “Mobile BB at war in Sri Lanka”